Thursday, September 4, 2008

A peculiar lady

I have a huge fetish for accessories. In fact, this is a love affair that both BB and I share. We can happily busy ourselves in stores such as Accessorise for hours on end. We’ll actually work out what the different accessories will look good with and I’ll even confess that sometimes I’ll co-ordinate an entire outfit around a new necklace or bangle!

I have always had a particularly huge soft spot for flowers in jewellery, which was triggered as a teen when my sister bought the most exquisite vintage necklace with a Silver Star Gazer pendant. A few years ago, I met a woman at Spier Wine Estate who designed handmade silver jewellery as a hobby and she’d made herself the most unbelievable silver poppy ring and that was when I knew I had to own a floral ring.

My recent obsession is roses – they are just too beautiful not to immortalise into jewellery. A few months ago I saw this ring in Glamour magazine but they did not offer the designer’s details. I was desperately trying to track the designer down when I stumbled upon Lady Peculiar at fashion week this year and I loved everything in their collection.

This jewellery brand is the product Truda Serfontein and Louise van Graan’s passion to design and make creative and unique jewellery. From the lovely rose ring, to arum lily earrings and beautiful birds whimsically flying from your lobes, it is definitely worth visiting their website to view their catalogue. They are very reasonably priced, at under R300 for a pair earrings.

They are based in Stellenbosch but do supply a range of stores. Contact them directly. After chatting to them at SSAFW I found them to be wonderfully friendly and great to chat to.

I know I will definitely be investing soon!

No comments: